YPAC Insights Breakfast: Creating and Leading Healthy Teams
14 March 2019
Level 9, Tower 2, Brookfield Place, 123 St Georges Terrace
The Institute of Public Administration Australia WA (IPAA WA) Young Professional Advisory Committee (YPAC) is excited to bring you the first event in their Insights Breakfast Series - Creating and Leading Healthy Teams on 14 March 2019.
In recent years, the number of stress-related claims submitted to WorkCover WA has increased by 25%, with over 500 claims submitted per year. At the same time, the McGowan State Government announced major reform and modernisation of the state’s work, health and safety laws including a consolidation of workplace health and safety regulations.
This Insight Breakfast event will delve into the changing face of workplace hazards in WA’s public sector. Join us for an in-depth panel discussion about how the Western Australian public sector is creating greater safeguards to protect workers – and what strategies workplace leaders can enact to reduce the likelihood of stress affecting their teams. Join us for an engaging morning of important, up-to-date education and a fantastic networking opportunity.
– Minimising and managing the risk of psychological stress in the workplace
– Effective management of mental health, occupational health, and safety needs of staff
– Being across legal reform and the needs for modernisation
MC: Andrei Buters - Vice-Chair, IPAA WA Young Professional Advisory Committee (YPAC)
* Nicholas Ellery - Partner-in-Charge, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
* Anya Stephens - Founding Director, PeopleSense
* Owen Whittle - Assistant Secretary, UnionsWA
Add event to my calendar
08 9360 1400