Future Gender Equity in WA
22 November 2013
Hyatt Regency Perth
Join Wesfarmers CEO Richard Goyder and a panel of inspiring gender equity ambassadors as we discuss the future for gender equity in Western Australia.
This will be the final event in CEDA WA's 2013 Women in Leadership series and will discuss the future for gender equity in Western Australia.
WA requires a fundamental shift in thinking and action to lift our national standing in the gender equity landscape. Figures causing concern include:
- WA's gender pay gap is 26.4 per cent, which is 8.5 per cent above the average pay gap for all other states (17.5 per cent);
- Women hold only 27 (3.5 per cent) of the 772 directorships in WA based ASX 500 companies;
- Women hold only 5.1 per cent of executive positions in WA based ASX 500 companies (average across other states is 10.9 per cent);
- Females in senior executive roles in WA public authorities has only increased by six per cent since 2003 (from 20 to 26 per cent); and
- Female representation on WA Government boards has only increased by seven per cent since 2003 (from 28 to 35 per cent)
In light of these statistics, it is clear that organisational and cultural values in WA require sweeping transformation. Given the state's current economic strength, now is the time to invest in change.
Join our leading ambassadors as we discuss the way forward for gender equity in WA.
MEET THE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Richard Goyder AO, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Wesfarmers
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Will Neethling, Principal Decommissioning Engineer, Sinclair Knight Merz;
WA Deputy President, Engineers Australia
Holly Ransom, Partnerships Manager, The Foundation for Young Australians
Maria Saraceni, Chair, Women's Advisory Council of WA
Deidre Willmott, Executive Chairman, Cannings Purple
Committee for Economic Development of Australia
Add event to my calendar