Certificate in Governance for Not-for-Profits (Intensive)
17 April 2013 to 19 April 2013
CSA Seminar Room
Ground Floor, 8 Victoria Avenue
The Certificate in Governance for Not-for-Profits (Intensive) is an open-entry, six-module Certificate, designed to address the learning needs of a wide range of people with varying levels of governance responsibilities in the NFP sector.
The Certificate aims to provide practical knowledge and skills across a range of governance topics that you can readily apply, in your workplace and in preparation for the regulatory regime overseen by the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC).
• Understand your legal and fiduciary responsibilities and develop skills in running effective boards and management committees
• Focus on the basic elements of laws governing the NFP sector to understand the legislative and regulatory framework underpinning the NFP sector
• Examine the financial and tax obligations of an NFP organisation including the financial reporting and auditing requirements
• Learn how to analyse, manage and mitigate the impact of risk within an organisation
• Gain an insight into the importance of implementing good governance practices across the whole organisation and the importance of your personal contribution to this objective
Chartered Secretaries Australia
Add event to my calendar
08 9321 8777