Australian Uranium Conference
16 July 2014 to 17 July 2014
Hyatt Regency Perth
International experts and political leaders will meet at the Hyatt Regency Perth for the tenth annual Australian Uranium Conference (incorporating Rare Earths) on Wednesday 16 July and Thursday 17 July to discuss the future of uranium mining in Australia.
The 2014 conference will bring together quality representatives from government, the mining industry and the scientific community in a unique and engaging forum where debate over nuclear power can be openly discussed and debated.
Conference organiser, Vertical Events managing director Stewart McDonald said the conference was an important forum for debate on the key issues of energy policy and the role uranium may play in the future of Australia’s energy mix.
“The Australian Uranium Conference brings together quality representatives from government, the mining industry and the scientific community in a unique and engaging forum where debate over nuclear power can be openly discussed,” said Mr McDonald.
The conference program begins with an opening address and keynote presentation from West Australian Mines and Petroleum Minister Hon. Bill Marmion.
Other key speakers at the conference include:
- Hon. Tom Koutsantonis MP - Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy, South Australian Government
- Hon. Gary Gray AO MP - Federal Minister for Brand, Shadow Minister for Resources; Shadow Minister for Northern Australia; Shadow Special Minister of State, Federal Parliament
- Daniel Zavattiero – Executive Director, Uranium, Minerals Council of Australia
- Christian Polak – Business & Development, Areva Mines
- Brian Reilly – Managing Director, Cameco Australia
- Vanessa Guthrie - Managing Director, Toro Energy
- Mike Young – Managing Director & CEO, Energy and Metals Australia Ltd
- John Borshoff – Managing Director & CEO, Paladin Energy Ltd
Add event to my calendar