Good morning… Finally, Janet Yellen listens to us, sits on her hands and advises the market that US interest rates will only rise twice this year. Commodities Rally. USD Falls. Global Markets Jump… The only uncertainty now is what impact a Donald Trump presidential win would have on the AUS-US relationship… only time will tell…
Yellen listens to us, sits on her hands and advises the market that interest rates in the US will only rise twice this year…
Global Markets Rally… Dow +74 points…
Here we go….
The only large alarming factor is now Donald Trump, who is leading the republican race
Let’s not get into a political discussion right now but, a Trump presidential win, will not be positive for the AUS-US relationship….
Paradigm Investor Update
Paradigm Biopharmaceuticals (PAR.ASX) today released via the ASX a combined Shareholder Update & Investor Presentation.
The presentation provides insight into Paradigm Biopharmaceuticals two primary programs, focussed on the treatment of Bone Marrow Edema (BME) and Allergic Rhinitis (hay fever) through the repurposing of Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (PPS). Today’s announcement follows the recent purchase of $100,000 worth of PAR stock by CEO Paul Rennie.
The Presentation Highlights:
* Repurposing a pre-approved drug to reduce clinical costs and accelerate commercialisation
* Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium is a new, multi-acting treatment for bone marrow edema and allergic rhinitis, both of which have very large addressable markets (US$13.5bn+)
* Highly credentialed Board and management team with top tier experience at CSL and Mesoblast
* Multi-faceted IP strategy and ability to leverage relationships to fast-track time to market
* Strong focus on prudent cash management to enhance shareholder returns
* Fully funded through to the completion of the open label clinical trial for BME
* All short-term operational milestones have been met, with several major clinical trial and development catalysts expected over the next 6-12 months
* Strong platform for growth and growing global interest in BME and AR/ spaces
What's on today
Local data: Australian jobs data (Feb.), New Zealand GDP (4Q).
RBA assistant governor Guy Debelle speaks at the FX Australia Week conference at 9.05am.
Bank of England policy decision. Swiss National Bank's quarterly assessment. Rate decisions in Indonesia, South Africa.
Overseas data: US jobless claims (weekly), US current account balance (4Q), US Philadelphia Fed business outlook (March), US leading economic indicators index (Feb.), Hong Kong unemployment rate (Feb.), Japanese trade data (Feb.), euro-zone CPI (Feb.)
Earnings: Adobe, Telecom Italia SpA, HeidelbergCement AG, Deutsche Lufthansa
The SPI is up 33 points this morning
Niv Dagan is an Executive Director of Melbourne based boutique funds management and corporate advisory firm, Peak Asset Management (www.peakassetmanagement.com.au). He is also a regular financial commentator on Sky Business.