Recent grants have included:
∑ $77,272 from the Regional Co-location Scheme, for the construction of the Corrigin Community Resource Centre.
Information on the Regional Co-location Scheme is available from www.dlgrd.wa.gov.au.
∑ a $1million program named the YouthSpaces and Facilities Fund, to develop new and improved recreational spaces for young people in regional WA.
Grants of up to $25,000 will be awarded to regionally based applicants who have:
* considered the needs of local young people;
* demonstrated strong youth participation in planning and project development;
* involved multiple agencies, groups and the community;
* considered cultural diversity issues; and
* the ability to complete the project within 12 months.
A publication entitled ‘Urban Design Guidelines for Creating Youth-friendly Spaces and Places’ is available for architects, property developers and planners.
Further information about the fund, and how to apply, plus copies of ‘Urban Design Guidelines for Creating Youth-friendly Spaces and Places’, are available from 9476 2000.
© Business News 2017. You may share content using the tools provided but do not copy and redistribute.