Perth-based Mader Group will provide heavy maintenance equipment services to Nevada Gold Mines under a new contract.
Canada’s Barrick operates the joint venture with a 61.5 per cent interest, while US-owned Newmont holds the remaining 38.5 per cent.
The JV operates six mines and one project in the US, where it is headquartered.
Nevada expects to produce up to 2.25 million ounces of gold in 2020 – accounting for about 30 per cent of US gold production.
The JV has tasked Mader Group’s US business with maintaining Nevada’s heavy mobile equipment, with the scope of works including electrical maintenance, machining, scheduling and planning.
Mader chief executive Patrick Conway said the team had grown its capability since launching in the US in mid-2018.
“This is just one of several key contracts ensuring our continued expansion in the region,” he said.
“It gives us great pleasure to support Nevada Gold Mines in what is likely to be a fruitful and long-lasting relationship.”
Mader Group shares were up 8 per cent at 1:53pm AEST to trade at 86 cents.