WA Social Enterprise Council (WASEC) is a membership-based not-for-profit organisation creating thriving social enterprise communities through leadership, advocacy, networking and learning and development opportunities.
WASEC advocates for (and works with) new and existing social enterprises to create a thriving and collaborative social enterprise sector in Western Australia, where social enterprise is the first choice for consumers, business and government.
It provides the sector with a collective voice to promote market development including:
- social procurement across government, business and not-for-profit sectors
- social enterprise accreditation
- robust impact & outcomes measurement frameworks
- fit-for-purpose legal and financial structures & support
- providing ethical, values-driven stewardship of what it means to be defined as a social enterprise