Trinity College has its origins in the Christian Brothers' College, St George‘s Terrace, Perth, founded by Bishop Matthew Gibney and Brother Ambrose Treacy in 1894. Over time the site became increasingly unsuitable for a boarding school. In 1938, the boarders were transferred to Mount Henry, Manning, to found Aquinas College. CBC (Perth) continued at the St George‘s Terrace site as a school for day students only. In 1961 this site was purchased by the Perth City Council, and staff and students were transferred to the College‘s present location in 1962 and the school was renamed Trinity College. The College now operates as a Catholic School for Boys in the Edmund Rice Tradition with an entirely lay staff. The College has an enrolment of over 1200 students.