29/04/2021 - 13:00

Newcrest boosts WA gold production

29/04/2021 - 13:00

Bookmark

Upgrade your subscription to use this feature.

Newcrest Mining has reported a six per cent jump in gold output from its Telfer operations in the Pilbara, despite heavy rainfall during the March quarter.

Newcrest boosts WA gold production
Newcrest has reported higher quarterly production at its Telfer mine in WA. Photo: Newcrest Mining

Newcrest Mining has reported a six per cent jump in gold output from its Telfer operations in the Pilbara, despite heavy rainfall during the March quarter.

Telfer produced 105,228 ounces of gold during the quarter, compared with 98,855oz in the December period.

It partially offset a 4 per cent decline in overall group production, being 512,424oz for the March quarter, with output down at most of Newcrest’s other operations including Cadia in NSW.

Meanwhile, all-in sustaining costs (AISC) improved by $79/oz, to $891/oz.

Managing director Sandeep Biswas said Newcrest had also continued to progress multiple growth projects during the quarter.

That includes the Haveiron gold project, located 45 kilometres east of Telfer, in which Newcrest has a 70 per cent stake. Joint venture partner Greatland Gold holds the remaining 30 per cent.

Today, Newcrest also reported a slight increase in group copper production of 35,034 tonnes, up from 34,557t in the December quarter.

The Melbourne-based business was trading 1.7 per cent higher at 2:46pm AEDT to $26.96.

STANDING BY BUSINESS. TRUSTED BY BUSINESS.

Subscription Options