WA Government grants have recently been allocated to:
• the Carnarvon Heritage Group, to assist with public liability during the restoration of Carnarvon One Mile Jetty ($5,000);
• the Shire of Kojonup, for planning for a proposed Centre of Soil Excellence ($16,500);
• the Denmark Education and Innovation Centre, for a Centre for Sustainable Living ($100,000);
• the Shire of Kojonup and Tourist Railway Group, for a tourist railway ($86,000);
• 25 rural and remote community organisations throughout WA, to improve housing availability ($1.25 million);
• Albany Police and Citizen’s Youth Club, for a multi-purpose youth recreation centre ($500,000 – Lotteries Commission);
• the Shire of Dalwallinu, for headworks for an industrial development ($80,000);
• the Shire of Gingin, for deep sewerage ($190,000);
• a jointly-funded contract study by coastal engineers MP Rogers and Associates, to investigate seaweed build-up at the Two Rocks marina ($26,000).
© Business News 2018. You may share content using the tools provided but do not copy and redistribute.