West Australian Coastal Awards 2002
• Coastal Leadership - Geoff Bastyan, Albany, for community leadership and commitment to the rehabilitation and protection of seagrass in Oyster Harbour;
• Outstanding Coastal Group Effort (joint winners) - Naragebup Rockingham Regional Environmental Centre, for improving Cockburn Sound's water quality, and the Friends of Bluff Point Foreshore (Geraldton), for protection and management of a local coastal reserve;
• Outstanding Coastal Project - Friends of Bluff Point Foreshore, for protecting and managing the local coastal reserve;
• Outstanding Indigenous Coastal Achievement - Rubibi Land, Heritage and Development Group, for rehabilitation, maintenance and development of Minyirr Coastal Park;
• Coastal Town Award - Shire of Esperance, for being an active coastal council in touch with community needs
© Business News 2017. You may share content using the tools provided but do not copy and redistribute.