Search

Acquisitions

Alcoa Inc

8/5/2003

Has reached an agreement in principle with Camargo Correa Group  to acquire their 40.9% shareholding in Alcoa's South American operations. Alcoa will issue to the Camargo Group $410 million of Alcoa common stock, which equates to approximately 18 million shares, in exchange for the Camargo Group's holdings.

Breakaway Resources Ltd

6/5/2003

Announces the execution of an agreement securing an option to purchase a number of tenements in the Yilima area. The tenements are located to the immediate west of the Company's Kambalda West project area incorporating the Spargoville and Spargos Reward areas. The Vendor has granted the Company an option to acquire the tenements for a period of two years from 22 April 2003.

Woodside Petroleum Ltd

12/5/2003

Has acquired from Dana Petroleum plc, a 40% interest in four exploration blocks offshore Kenya. As a condition of the farm-in, Woodside will operate the four blocks which cover 47,500 sq km over water depths up to 3,000 m. Woodside's commitment under the farm-in is limited to the acquisition of 5,000 km of two-dimensional seismic in 2003-04 with indicative expenditure of US$3 million.

Working Systems Solutions Ltd

8/5/2003

Has acquired the balance of the share capital in their 80% owned subsidiary Uni u International Pty Ltd. The remaining 20% was acquired from Gloria May Glasson for the sum of $100. As a consequence of this acquisition Uni u is now a 100% owned subsidiary of Working Systems Solutions Ltd.

Zimbabwe Platinum Mines Ltd

8/5/2003

Implats and Absa have now confirmed that discussions are taking place in respect of a possible sale by Absa to Implats of Absa Bank Limited's indirectly held 14.84% shareholding in Zimplats.

Add your comment

BNIQ sponsored byECU School of Business and Law

Students

6th-Australian Institute of Management WA20,000
7th-Murdoch University16,584
8th-South Regional TAFE10,549
9th-Central Regional TAFE10,000
10th-The University of Notre Dame Australia6,708
47 tertiary education & training providers ranked by total number of students in WA

Number of Employees

BNiQ Disclaimer