Cargill’s presence in Australia was first established in 1967 and has continued to grow through ongoing investment in the Australian agriculture and food industries.
The main business operations include:
- grain and oilseed origination, storage and handling
- oilseed and malt barley processing
- vegetable oil refining
- trading and marketing of grains, cotton & oilseed products domestically and for export
- procuring food ingredients in to Southeast Asia
- sales of Cargill cocoa & chocolate products to the domestic market
- joint ventures in beef and storage and handling
Cargill Australia acquired the trading and origination arm of AWB in 2011.