Search

Aquila Resources

Established in WA: 2000
Level 14, 225 St Georges Terrace, PERTH, 6000
08 9423 0111

Article Timeline

Network Graph

Displaying all people that are connected to 2 or more organisations. Hover over a node to display a link to the BNiQ page for that person or organisation.

Notable People

Showing 11 people. Position shown in italic is their previous role in the same organisation.
 Most Senior WA Executive.

NamePositionYear Started
Miles Zhou
Miles Zhou
Chief Executive, Managing Director2014
Martin Alciaturi
Martin Alciaturi
Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer2010
Michael Carter
Michael Carter
Non-Executive Director2014
May Chan
May Chan
Corporate Counsel, Company Secretary (since 2012)2010
YuLiang Hu
YuLiang Hu
Non-Executive Director2017
Matthew Kwan
Matthew Kwan
Head of Legal2012
ZhaoMing Lu
ZhaoMing Lu
Non-Executive Director2013
Stephen Pilcher
Stephen Pilcher
General Manager,Coal2009
Martin Stulpner
Martin Stulpner
Head of Commercial2012
YiMing Wu
YiMing Wu
Non-Executive Director2014
DianBo Zhang
DianBo Zhang
Non-Executive Chair2017

Past People

NamePositionYear StartedYear Ended
Qingyu Li Non-Executive Chair20142017
Alwyn Vorster General Manager, Iron Ore20142016
Tim Netscher Non-Executive Director20132016
Harrison Moore Senior Analyst, Corporate Development20122014
Gordon Galt Non-Executive Director20072014
Lyndsey Shanley Executive Assistant20112014
Tony Poli Executive Chair, Chief Executive20002014
Denise Goldsworthy Non-Executive Director20142014
Dal Zhihao Director20092013
Derek Cowlan Non-Executive Director20002013
Dirk Branford Corporate Lawyer20112013
Charlie Bass Non-Executive Director20002013
Russell Tipper General Manager, Iron Ore20072012
Michael Davies Financial Advisor20052011
Simon Eley Business Development Manager20082009
Kevin Watters Manager Development - Iron Ore20062009
Howard Rae Company Secretary20062008
Steve Scudamore Non-Executive Director2012

M&A Deals

AnnouncedBidderTargetTransaction TypeTotal Value
29/05/18South32Baosteel, Aquila ResourcesAsset acquisition$289.0m>>
18/06/14Mineral ResourcesAquila ResourcesAcquisition$0>>
05/05/14Baosteel, AurizonAquila ResourcesAcquisition$1,400.0m>>
03/04/12Sumitomo CorporationAquila ResourcesAsset acquisition$430.0m>>
11/08/11Aquila ResourcesAsset sale$0>>

Biography

Aquila Resources Limited was incorporated in March 2000 and listed on the ASX that year, growing rapidly to become an ASX 200 public company with a significant portfolio of project interests. Aquila’s project portfolio is focused on the key steel making raw materials of iron ore and metallurgical coal. Aquila’s two major bulk commodity projects are the West Pilbara Iron Ore Project in Western Australia and the Eagle Downs Hard Coking Coal Project in Queensland. Aquila Resources ceased trading and de-listed from the ASX on 29 July 2014 following completion of a takeover bid by Aurizon and Baosteel. Aurizon now owns 15% of Aquila shares and Baosteel owns the remaining 85%. Aquila Resources was delisted from the ASX on 29 July 2014, following the compulsory acquisition by Baosteel Resources Australia and Aurizon Operations Limited.
Biography last updated 15 Feb 2016

Share Transactions

04/06/13
$0 Bought
04/06/13
$10.0m Sold
23/12/11
$0 Bought
Total value as at the date of the transaction
Source: Morningstar

BNiQ Disclaimer