Achieving local government and community goals a focus for new Market Creations appointee
After an extensive career in Local Government and the private sector, we’re delighted to advise Rhona Hawkins is joining the Market Creations team.
Rhona was most recently the Executive Manager Corporate Services at the Shire of Chittering, and has previously held senior local government positions including Acting CEO appointments, Deputy CEO, Manager Corporate & Community Services and Manager of Finance.
Utilising her considerable experience and understanding, Rhona's role at Market Creations will see her engage on change management and project work specific to the Local Government sector.
During her various local government appointments, Rhona has administered and managed the Shire’s financial records including: Annual Budget, Annual Financial Statements and Monthly Financial Statements. Throughout she has been successful in developing and implementing procedures in line with statutory requirements, streamlining financial and IT systems and has managed various capital projects.
Rhona's roles have covered a wide range of responsibilities including management of staff, administration of finance departments, development of strategic community and financial plans and oversight of council property and risk management. She has also been active in ensuring the smooth delivery of services to the aged and disabled and managed visitor centres and library services.
Rhona's dedication in helping local government achieve their corporate and community goals will be a great asset to Market Creations and our clients.
How Rhona can be an asset to your team:
Contract & Project Management Emergency Management Services
- Municipal Emergency Management Plans
- Disaster Recovery Plans
- Business Continuity Plans
- Flood Recovery Management
- Auditing of Emergency Plans
- Bushfire Response and Recovery
- Expertise in all areas of project management
Contract Management and Procedures
- Project scope and specifications
- Tendering, award, variation management to handover
- Contract compliance
Providing financial services to local government, specialising in local government financial sustainability, strategic planning, long term financial planning and governance
- Budget and annual reporting
- Capital Works Program
- Financial Policies
- Financial Sustainability Review
- Rating Harmonisation and Revenue Raising Strategies
- Systems and processes, specialising in SynergySoft and Altus products
Experience in aligning strategies, plans and operations to deliver efficiencies in service delivery and improve culture and performance. Facilitating workshops, conducting interviews, reviewing systems and procedures.
- Organisation development and human resource management
- Delegations and authorisations
- Strategic planning and accountability
- Workforce Strategy
Working with Councils to be sustainable in the longer-term, such as managing costs within the amount of revenue earned. Monitoring the financial and operational performance of services to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of services.
- Strategic Service Planning
- Service Reviews
Liaison with local government to assess the current status of their business systems.
- Recommend business solutions to improve outcomes and processes
- Implement products and services utilising agreed actions and plans
- Provide training opportunities both in person and online
- Support staff through the implementation process by providing priority access and managing expectations
- Incorporate improvement actions into processes and systems to achieve best practice across all activities
- Monitor the effectiveness of the implementation through 3, 6 and 12 month assessments
- Encourage innovation and collaboration both internally and throughout the industry
- Planning and support in transitioning to Altus
Rhona will be provisioned to work from home to support our clients during the current climate.
Contact us to find our more information on how Rhona can be an extension of your team.