UDIA WA: Achieving Growth in WA - Lunch with the Leader of the Opposition
16 November 2018
Great Eastern Highway
As WA’s economic outlook starts to look brighter, join us for lunch with the Hon Mike Nahan MLA, Leader of the Opposition, for a view from the other side. The Opposition with other minor parties have significant influence on the passage of legislation through the Upper House, so it is important to learn what they think of the current government’s objectives and what is driving the Liberal Party’s policy agenda.
Dr Nahan will provide an insight into the WA Liberal Party’s views on a range of key issues impacting the WA economy and the Perth property market, including:
- the current state of the economy and strategies for boosting economic growth
- the importance of the development industry in WA’s economy
- attracting more people and investment to WA
- strata reform and other proposed legislation relevant to industry
- the planning reform agenda
- infrastructure planning and investment
- taxation reform including scrapping stamp duty and moving to a broad based land tax system
This is a timely opportunity to hear directly from the leader of the opposition on the issues that matter as we head towards the end of another year, and expectations continue to improve for WA’s future growth.
Urban Development Institute of Australia WA Division
Add event to my calendar
08 9215 3400