The Art of Asking Powerful Questions in Business
10 February 2015
Governance Institute of Australia Seminar Room
Ground Floor, 8 Victoria Avenue
The skill of asking powerful, insightful questions is an essential one for business leaders, especially for directors, executives, and anyone involved in governance, compliance, risk, finance and strategic implementation roles.
In this intensive, practical, hands-on workshop you will:
* learn simple, powerful questioning techniques that highly effective business leaders ask to get results
* practice asking the questions on real (not hypothetical) business scenarios, reports and documents.
* have an opportunity to be on the receiving end of questions.
* learn to hear the shifts in language that tell you something is missing and a question needs to be asked.
* learn to recognise the language patterns that can create traps and pitfalls for the unsuspecting leader, and learn the questioning strategies to deal with those patterns.
These are skills essential for business leaders, especially anyone involved in governance, compliance, risk, finance and strategic implementation roles.
You will learn how to ask questions that:
* ensure better information and data are obtained for due diligence enquiries
* challenge assumptions, beliefs and opinions and identify facts and risk
* expose deficiencies in proposals, reports, processes and strategy
* generate accountability and responsibility
* enable faster, better informed and more effective decisions, solutions and strategies.
Christo Norden-Powers, Director of Business Development, Spandah Pty Ltd
Governance Institute of Australia
08 9321 8777
Add event to my calendar
08 9321 8555