Tenancy Law: Family Violence Amendments Training - Health Professionals
11 March 2019
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
For Health Professionals - Calling all doctors, psychologist and social workers!
• 9.30am-12.30pm Monday 11 March 2019
You will soon have new powers relating to tenants experiencing family violence. From March 2019, the new Residential Tenancies Legislation Amendment (Family Violence) Bill 2018 takes effect and will allow any tenant experiencing family violence to remove themselves, or a perpetrator from a lease, with a ‘report of family violence in a proscribed form’ which can be completed by a medical practitioner, psychologist or social worker.
This training package is to assist these professionals to navigate the new legislation and understand your new role and obligations.
Training will be delivered by a specialist solicitor from Tenancy WA and covers:
• What family violence is and how it can interact with tenancy
• An overview of the purpose and context and of the new provisions
• An understanding of the operation of the relevant changes to the Residential Tenancies Act and the implications for proscribed professionals
• An understanding of the new powers created and the obligations of prescribed professionals dealing with a client request under the act
To register, visit www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tenancy-law-family-violence-amendments-training-...
Add event to my calendar
08 6117 5520