Tenancy Law: Family Violence Amendments Training - Community Workers
18 February 2019
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
For Community Workers
• 9.30am-12.30pm Monday 18 February 2019
• 1.30pm-4.30pm Monday 11 March 2019
Do you work with clients who may experience domestic or family violence?
From March 2019, the new Residential Tenancies Legislation Amendment (Family Violence) Bill 2018 takes effect and will allow any tenant experiencing family violence to remove themselves, or a perpetrator from a lease, with appropriate documentation.
This training package is to assist workers from supports services that provide direct or indirect assistance to tenants and/or victims of family violence to navigate the new legislation and the role you can play.
Training will be delivered by a specialist solicitor from Tenancy WA and covers:
• What family violence is and how it can interact with tenancy
• An overview of the purpose and context and of the new provisions
• An understanding of the operation of the relevant changes to the Residential Tenancies Act and the implications for assisting clients in that space
• An understanding of the new powers created and the best way to assist clients to navigate through a situation of family violence in tenancy
To register, visit www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tenancy-law-family-violence-amendments-training-...
Add event to my calendar
08 6117 5520