School Governance Workshop
23 February 2016
Governance Institute of Australia Seminar Room
Ground Floor, 8 Victoria Avenue
In this two part workshop, School Governance will examine the key duties and principles including legal and fiduciary responsibilities and how to develop skills in running effective school boards.
School Governance: Essentials
Identify the key governance issues using a practical case-study approach. This course will address:
* What is school governance?
* What are the key elements of school governance?
* Why is school governance important?
* Current topical issues in school governance
School Governance: Board Member Duties
Building on the foundations of School Governance Essentials, this course helps a "responsible person" to develop skills in governance at a school level. Using a practical case-study approach this course will address:
* Who is a responsible person and what are their duties?
* Examples of common conflicts of interest, and how to deal with them
* Importance and responsibilities of a board secretary
* Key responsibilities of financial reporting
* Risk management
Who should attend?
Suitable for directors, board secretaries, public officers, senior managers and other governance practitioners of schools.
Mary Woodford, Senior Legal Counsel, University of Western Australia
Jacquelyn Van Niekerk
08 9321 8777
Add event to my calendar
08 9321 8555