Optiro: Corporate Compliance in Resource & Reserve Reporting for the Australian Market
16 November 2018
Optiro Head Office
Level 1, 16 Ord Street
This 1-day course helps you to negotiate the tortuous pathways associated with corporate reporting of Exploration Targets, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves for companies adopting JORC and/or those listed on the ASX.
It has been specifically designed for:
- Exploration Managers
- Chief Geologists
- Planning Managers
- Company Secretaries
- those associated with classifying and reporting Exploration Targets, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves
- those responsible for market releases through the ASX
After a period of relative quiescence following the introduction of the 2012 JORC Code, both ASIC and the ASX are flexing their muscles and in particular, the recent release of Information Sheet 214 has reset the rules for reporting of results from scoping studies, pre-feasibility studies and feasibility studies – or has it?
During this course, we will cover all of the issues associated with generating a market release containing information governed by the JORC Code and Section 5 of the ASX Listing Rules. What to report, how to report it, where in the release to place the key information, what must (and must not) be included, what key accompanying declarations are required - will all be covered, with frequent reference to recent examples of successful (and retracted) releases. We will also place the JORC Code and the ASX listing rules in a global context and look where other codes (SAMREC, 43-101) have come from and are going.
The attendees will:
- learn or revise the key definitions of Exploration Targets, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves
- understand the critical differences between Inferred and other resource categories
- appreciate and avoid the abuse of Exploration Target reporting
- partake in a key review of Table 1 content – is too much or the wrong information being disclosed?
- understand the key requirements in Section 5 of the ASX Listing Rules and what is additional to the JORC guidelines
- understand what are Scoping Studies, PFS and FS? Where are the boundaries?
- understand the implications of Information Sheet 214 – what can you and can’t you report?
- share experiences of market releases and learn to avoid common pitfalls
This course has an 8 PD Hours rating from both the AusIMM and AIG.
Add event to my calendar
08 9215 0000