'Navigating Difficult Conversations' Full Day Workshop
19 July 2018
Level 1, 484 Albany Highway
What could be more challenging than a difficult conversation? And yet, we face potential difficult conversations all the time. Telling the boss that your project is late, giving an unfavourable performance review, or informing one of your work colleagues that their work isn’t meeting expectations – all can be threatening and consequential. Putting off these conversations is tempting but solves nothing and leaves others in the dark, and unable to act to correct problems. On the other hand, having difficult conversations without the right preparation can be just as risky, leading to misunderstandings, anger and an even worse mess than you started with.
This workshop will help participants learn to approach difficult conversations with confidence, leading to better work outcomes.
Who should attend:
Anyone that struggles with how to approach a difficult conversation, including managers and team leaders.
- The brain’s response to conflict or stress and the techniques to help you remain calm during a difficult conversation
- How to use appropriate planning skills to prepare for a difficult conversation
- How to demonstrate empathy through active listening and powerful questioning skills
- Tips to maintain relationships and engagement while having a difficult conversation
- Be able to approach a difficult conversation with more confidence using a support framework
The workshop will be facilitated by Jade Corbett, a senior HR and IR consultant with over 10 years of experience. Jade has a wealth of knowledge in best practice people and culture theories and strategies. She understands what drives team and organisational success, and delivers practical content and programs which result in real learning outcomes.
The workshop is brought to you by PeopleStart (www.peoplestart.com.au), a disruptive human resources and recruitment consultancy that helps organisations reach their full potential through the power of their people.
Places are limited. Register today: www.peoplestart.com.au/workshop/navigating-difficult-conversations
PeopleStart - Human Resources and Recruitment
Add event to my calendar
1300 134 110