Governance in Sport
13 June 2013
Barry Cable Room
Chartered Secretaries Australia is holding a lunch time briefing on a hot topic in Australian sport – Governance in sport.
Presented by Amanda Cox ACSA, Chief Financial Officer, West Coast Eagles, Diane Smith-Gander FCSA, past chair of Basketball Australia Limited, Craig Smith-Gander, Chairman, WestCycle Inc, Rob McKenzie, Commissioner, WA Football Commission (WAFC) and Chair, WAFC Corporate Governance Committee and former Director of West Coast Eagles and Stephen Wicks, CEO, Perth Racing.
Our panel of experts will share their views including:
- perspectives on sport in governance
- challenges of balancing governance with stakeholders interests
- managing players and expectations
- financial and sporting constraints, such as salary caps
- risks of poor governance and failure to manage risk
- responsibilities of regulatory bodies.
The Governance luncheon format provides an ideal networking opportunity and a chance for you to get involved in the discussion, share your views and experiences and learn from others.
12:30pm to 2:30pm
Chartered Secretaries Australia
08 9321 8777
Add event to my calendar
08 9321 8555