Environmentally Sustainable and Affordable Housing
19 April 2013
State Library of Western Australia
As you are aware, environmentally sustainable buildings often cost less to run and can significantly lower the carbon footprint over a buildings life span when compared to the average Australian dwelling. Making our homes more energy and water efficient will ensure they are affordable to live in.
Property developers, building/planning consultants, real estate agents and strata managers are at the front line when people are looking to build, sell/buy or manage property and can be better informed of the financial, environmental and social benefits of environmentally sustainable buildings.
Green Gurus™, with the support of the City of Perth, will be conducting a seminar on urban sustainability, green building design principles and the many marketing opportunities of green residential buildings.
Through the City of Perth Environment Grants and Sponsorship Program, the seminar is being offered to eligible attendees at a highly subsidised rate. Limited places are available and attendees may receive CPD points from the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia and the Green Building Council of Australia.
- Chiara Pacifici – Founder of Green Gurus™
- Malcolm Mackay – Urban Designer and Architect
- Sid Thoo – Eco-Effective Architect
- Alex Bruce – Sustainability Consultant
Urban Sustainability (Presented by Malcolm Mackay)
- The Bigger Picture: challenges & opportunities for sustainable urban design & inner city development
Eco-Effective architecture for the Inner City (Presented by Sid Thoo)
- Important solar passive design principles for medium to high density buildings
Environmentally Sustainable Development (Presented by Alex Bruce)
- Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) and Development achieving Carbon Neutral outcomes
Marketing the 21st Century Green Lifestyle (Presented by Chiara Pacifici)
- Valuing and Marketing ‘Green’ Residential Buildings
Add event to my calendar