10 August 2018
Wollaston Conference Centre
5 Wollaston Road
This free workshop is brought to you by Business Local.
Are you thinking about starting, or have you recently started, your own business? Are you considering a ‘portfolio career’? Do you want to acquire new skills to nurture an entrepreneurial mindset, or learn about how you address business opportunities and challenges? This introductory course is designed to help you plan and prepare for an entrepreneurial career path. You will learn more about your own propensity for entrepreneurship; the common pitfalls to avoid; and tools, strategies, tips and models to use to set yourself up for success.
Why this course is for you:
- You are, or are thinking of becoming, a business owner who is looking to develop and extend on the skills you already have.
- You want professional development which provides tangible outcomes that you can apply to your own business today.
- You want to develop a deeper awareness of yourself, others, and the exciting world of leading and managing your own business.
* Exploring business opportunity, customer needs and wants
* Assessing external & internal environments
* Identifying business models and strategies
* Developing entrepreneurial marketing
* Assessing and nurturing an entrepreneurial mindset – overcoming stigma and building confidence
* Understanding social entrepreneurship and innovation
This free workshop is brought to you by the Small Business Development Corporation’s Business Local outreach service. Business Local provides small business owners in the Perth metropolitan area with access to free enterprise skill development sessions.
For more information to help you start and run a business, including the SBDC’s free small business advisory service, visit www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au
PLEASE NOTE: All courses need a minimum number of attendees to proceed.
Corporate and Professional Development, Edith Cowan University
Add event to my calendar
08 6304 2504