Elizabeth Quay Technical Presentation and site visit
18 March 2016
Department of Water
Level 6, 168 St Georges Terrace
The Australian Water Association invite you to attend a technical presentation and site visit of Elizabeth Quay. The afternoon will include understanding the water management practices and design of the Elizabeth Quay Development in Perth.
The State Government’s $440 million Elizabeth Quay public realm development has now opened to the public. This marks the culmination of eight years of design, planning and construction works, in developing what is Perth City’s premier Swan River location. Over the course of development, water management has been a major focus for all environmental works in protecting the Swan River.
Works undertaken have included:
• upfront investigations to establish the site condition
• studies into water quality and flushing of the constructed inlet
• responses to water sensitive urban design
• dewatering management controls for groundwater and river water ingress during construction
• controls for sediment and dredging disturbance
• contamination and Acid Sulfate Soils (ASS) management
• during and post-construction water quality monitoring
Each of these elements will be addressed in a study tour of the site and pre-tour presentation session at DoW offices.
Australian Water Association
Add event to my calendar