Design Thinking - The Key to Competitive Advantage
30 August 2017
AIM WA Leadership Centre
76 Birkdale Street
AIM WA Professional Development Sundowner
Increasingly complex times make innovation and collaboration vital to all types of business. Both of these principles are essential components of Design Thinking. ‘Design Thinking’ is a set of protocols for effective problem solving, discovery and opportunity. A human-centered approach to innovation, it draws from the designer’s toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success.
Dee Roche is a high energy ‘Design Thinker’, trained in methods developed by IDEO ExperiencePoint, a collaborative training partnership.
During this presentation, Dee will:
- discuss the process of Design Thinking and its importance
- demonstrate how the Design Thinking approach creates and accelerates better solutions to the complex challenges facing business and society
- share a range of human-centered creative design tools to deliver new breakthrough ideas
- show you how to assume a ‘Beginners Mindset’ - imagining the ability to turn abstract ideas into practical applications for maximal business growth
- teach you to learn how to incorporate Design Thinking into your business processes to select and execute winning innovations.
About the Speaker: Dee Roche FAIM, Senior Management Consultant, AIM WA+UWA Business School Executive Education
Dee is a certified ‘Design Thinker’, MBTI administrator and a learning and development practitioner (CLDP). This includes training design, development, implementation and review of a wide range of State, National and International professional development programs. A Senior Management Consultant, Dee has been facilitating, public speaking, teaching and working with groups for over 25 years within private, public and community based organisations. Dee currently lectures at the University of Western Australia Business School on the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program, focusing on Strategic Change and Transformation.
Australian Institute of Management WA
Add event to my calendar
08 9383 8088