Demystifying Financials for Directors
31 July 2014
Plaza Ballroom 1, Hyatt Regency
Understanding Financial Statements is an essential update if you are new to Directorship, or considering a Board role, or perhaps you want to refresh and update your financial knowledge. All Directors are expected to have a sound knowledge of finance as part of their fiduciary duties.
This seminar will be delivered by Ian Hobson, one of the Institutes most highly rated facilitators. It will give you the essential financial information you need to discharge your duties as Director. This is a also unique opportunity to ask questions of highly experienced Directors. Ian will be joined by Anne Tregonning GAICD who will provide the Directors perspective and practical advice and tools.
In this briefing you will;
• Identify the questions you need to ask of management when reviewing the management accounts;
• Explore the areas where directors need to question financial statements.
• Identify directors’ duties with regard to financial statements and financial reports.
• Appreciate how and when to evaluate solvency; and
• Consider the use of financial/non-financial KPIs.
Join us along with the nominated panel of highly experienced Directors to update your knowledge and gain insight into the complex world of financial reporting.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
Add event to my calendar
08 9320 1700