Day of Ideas 2013 - Illuminating Thoughts
08 February 2013
The celebration of The University of Western Australia’s centenary in 2013 gives pause to think about the luminous ideas that shaped the contemporary world and the possibilities for tomorrow. The focus of this symposium will be on moving from ideas of modernism to post-modernism to an increasingly global and virtual reality and the new ideas that will shape the next hundred years.
- Fred Chaney, Architect and Director, Cox Howlett & Bailey Woodland
- Anna Clark, Historian and Chancellor’s Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Technology, Sydney
- David Glance, Director, Centre for Software Practice, UWA
- Jonathan McIntosh, School of Music, UWA
- Winthrop Professor Philip Mead, Chair, Australian Literature, UWA
- Stephanie Radok, artist and writer
Note: Guests attending the Day of Ideas are also invited to attend the Centenary Welcome Cocktail Party (free, however please ensure you indicate on the registration form that you wish attend) and will also be included in the first showing of the Luminous Night visuals.
The 2013 Day of Ideas is co-sponsored by the Institute of Advanced Studies and the Cultural Precinct at The University of Western Australia.
Institute of Advanced Studies, UWA
Add event to my calendar