CEDA - Metronet precincts - the future of Perth
12 September 2018
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, BelleVue Ballroom
21 Mounts Bay Road
CEDA presents WA Transport, Planning and Land Minister, Rita Saffioti and WA Housing Minister Peter Tinley, who will deliver their vision for the future of Perth as a more compact and connected city.
Metronet commitments are starting as part of the Government’s infrastructure policy plans. Perth has an unprecedented opportunity to have a plan that delivers economic and liveability benefits for generations to come. The development of Metronet will drive investment, economic growth and community regeneration across the city. Metronet is the long term plan to connect Perth’s suburbs, reduce road congestion and meet future planning needs.
This event will highlight plans, innovations and opportunities to deliver a once-in-a-lifetime infrastructure transformation for Perth.
Metronet Stage One includes:
• Completing the Forrestfield-Airport Link
• Extending the Joondalup Line to Yanchep
• Linking Thornlie and Cockburn Central stations
• Planning and building the new Morley-Ellenbrook Line
• Extending the Armadale Line to Byford
• Relocating Midland Station and extending the Midland Line to Bellevue
• Building a new station at Karnup on the Mandurah Line
• Starting a program to remove level crossings on the Armadale and Midland lines
• Designing and manufacturing the next C-Series trains
• Planning for alternative transport options to better connect communities
Add event to my calendar
08 6104 7104