CCI/Brookfield Multiplex: North West Resources Tour 2013
13 May 2013 to 18 May 2013
Initial meeting venue: CCI Function Centre
Hosted by CCI’s Chief Officer, Member Services and Advocacy, John Nicolaou and Chief Officer, Business Solutions, Lindsay O’Sullivan.
With its extensive number of world-class commercial mineral projects, mine sites, processing plants and operating fields, the production capacity of WA’s North West remains unrivalled in the Asia Pacific region. While the importance of this region to the Australian economy is undeniable, it is only when you personally experience the vast and remote nature of this part of the world that you can fully appreciate its magnitude.
With a history spanning over 40 years, the CCI/Brookfield Multiplex North West Resources Tour provides a rare and unique opportunity to see first-hand many of Western Australia’s major resource projects. The 2013 North West Resources Tour focuses on Western Australia’s lucrative and expanding resources sector, with visits to a number of WA’s leading resource companies’ sites including:
- Woodside Energy,
- Chevron Australia,
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore,
- Apache Energy,
- Fortescue Metals,
- Rio Tinto and CITIC Pacific.
The tour will be jointly hosted by CCI’s Chief Officer, Member Services and Advocacy, John Nicolaou and Chief Officer, Business Solutions, Lindsay O’Sullivan, providing delegates the opportunity to draw on their extensive knowledge of the WA resource sector. John and Lindsay will offer participants an informed perspective on the developments in the North West and the associated economic implications.
The tour will commence in Perth, meeting with managing directors and senior executives from Australia’s largest resources companies. These briefings will lay the foundation for the site visits in the week ahead.Following first day briefings, the travel leg of the tour begins with delegates visiting a number of key mineral and petroleum operations. CCI’s close relationship with industry leaders means that tour participants are welcomed onto several sites which are not accessible to the public, providing the opportunity to meet and hear from the most senior executives within the resources sector.
Your visit to this remote region will be aboard privately chartered aircrafts, ensuring you visit this region in maximum comfort and with minimal delay.
Day one - Perth
- Meet leaders in the resources industry when visiting the company headquarters for Chevron Australia, BHP Billiton Iron Ore and the Rio Tinto operations centre
- Dinner at Gershwins Restaurant, private dining suite
- Overnight: Hyatt Regency Perth
Day two - Perth to Sino Iron Project to Devil Creek to Karratha
- Briefing and tour of CITIC Pacific’s Sino Iron Project
- Briefing and tour of the Devil Creek development project
- Overnight: Karratha International Hotel
Day three - Karratha to Newman
- Briefing and tour of Rio Tinto’s Cape Lambert operations
- Briefing at the Woodside Visitors Information Centre
- Bus tour of sites for major projects in the Burrup
- Dinner with BHP Senior Management Team
- Overnight: Mia Mia Resort, Newman
Day four - Newman to Port Hedland to Kununurra
- Briefing and tour of BHP Billiton’s Mt Whaleback mine
- Briefing and tour of Fortescue Port Hedland Operations
- Flight over the Bungle Bungles and Lake Argyle
- Overnight: Pinctada Kimberly Grande Kununurra
Day five - Kununurra to Broome
- Tour of East Kimberley Development Package infrastructure
- Briefing and tour of Ord Irrigation expansion project
- River cruise on Lake Argyle
- Overnight: Cable Beach Club Resort, Broome
Day six - Broome to Perth
- Breakfast at the Resort
- Free time to relax or experience Broome’s many tourist attractions, sights and sounds
- Heading home to Perth
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia
Add event to my calendar