Board papers - Law and practice
27 October 2014
Governance Institute of Australia Seminar Room
Ground Floor, 8 Victoria Avenue
This interactive workshop is intended to provide you with an in-depth appreciation and understanding of the key issues associated with the preparation and administration of meeting papers. You will also gain insights into the practical aspects of writing board/committee papers (including what makes a good meeting paper and some common traps).
Conducted by experienced practitioners, David Cantrick-Brooks FGIA and Leigh Warnick FGIA, the workshop will cover the following aspects:
• Nature and purpose of board / committee papers
• Preparation and review of board / committee papers
• What makes a good board paper?
• Distribution / dispatch of board / committee papers
• Collection of board / committee papers after the meeting
• Access to past papers by board / committee members and others
• Referencing papers in minutes
• Discovery and legal professional privilege
• Commentary on recent (relevant) cases
• Tips, traps and trends (including the use of electronic papers and systems)
If you are involved in the preparation and/or administration of board/committee papers, then this workshop is essential for you.
David Cantrick-Brooks FGIA, Company Secretary - Subsidiaries, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
Leigh Warnick FGIA, Barrister, Francis Burt Chambers
Governance Institute of Australia
08 9321 8777
Add event to my calendar
08 9321 8555