Big Projects: How To Manoeuvre Through Complex and Emotive Issues
24 May 2012
Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
21 Mounts Bay Road
The Hon. John Day MLA
Minister of Planning
Eric Lumsden PSM FIPAA
Director General, Department of Planning
Chairman, Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority
More speakers to be announced, head to the website for more details.
What are the challenges facing BIG projects? How do you lead through the complex and emotive issues involved?
Before a vision of this magnitude can be realised, there are a number of tasks and challenges to overcome:
* engaging the community, citizen support
* managing public private partnerships
* delivering on the political agenda
* leading the collaboration process
* managing community expectations
Many major projects such as the Fiona Stanley Hospital, Riverside Development and Perth City Link also face these challenges. Equally these challenges are also often found in smaller projects and programs.
No matter the scale of your work, this seminar will provide you with the knowledge, techniques and ideas to deliver a project of any size.
This seminar will use the Perth Waterfront as a catalyst for discussion of some of the broad issues it represents. It will deliver a unique behind the scenes view of the public sector processes required to deliver the Perth Waterfront project and other big projects. A panel of leading decision makers from government and community sectors will discuss their vision, challenges and expectations.
* Public-private partnerships in Western Australia.
* Translating the political vision - How do senior public servants translate and deliver the political will and vision in the face of intense public scrutiny?
* Whose project is it anyway? Managing competing visions of multiple stakeholders amid intense public interest.
Institute of Public Administration (WA Division)
Add event to my calendar