Australia’s Public Sector: Fit for Purpose. Fit for the Future - With Prof. Peter Shergold AC FIPAA
23 August 2018
300 Murray Street
IPAA’s inaugural National Event Series arrives in Perth on the 23rd of August. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the national discussion about the readiness of the public sector to meet imminent challenges. The conversation will consider the challenges of maintaining faith in the traditional values of public administration and the opportunities for bold innovation in the sector.
IPAA National President, Professor Peter Shergold AC FIPAA, will deliver a keynote presentation on the theme of rebuilding trust in public purpose. He will be joined on the program by some of Western Australia’s leading influencers and thinkers in public service design and delivery. Hear the latest thinking from across Australia in Prof Shergold’s address, before local leaders provide essential insight into the critical challenges and opportunities facing public service delivery in our state over coming decades.
The conversation will be future-focused and consider the challenges and opportunities for the sector. Issues may include, but will not be limited to:
- disruptive cognitive technologies (e.g. advanced robotics, automation of knowledge work, the Internet of Things, the Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, machine learnings, big data analytics)
- the use of systems approaches and human-centred design to tackle complex problems
- innovation in the face of cross-cutting challenges (e.g. climate change, ageing, socio-economic inequality and the future of work)
- citizen engagement and digital democracy
- applying behavioural insights to public purpose
- creating effective cross-sectoral collaboration for public impact
- restoring trust in government, public institutions and the value of non-partisan expertise.
Prof. Peter Shergold AC FIPAA, President, IPAA National; Chancellor, Western Sydney University
* Colin Murphy PSM FIPAA, President, IPAA WA
* Darren Foster, Director General, Department of the Premier and Cabinet
* Sue Ash AO, Deputy Chair, State Emergency Management Committee
* Cr Lynne Craigie, President, Western Australian Local Government Association
Add event to my calendar
08 9360 1400