Asia Ready Public Sector
06 March 2013
Hyatt Regency Perth
In the wake of the white paper ‘Australia in the Asian Century’ and calls by John Brumby, former Victorian Premier, for Australia’s public service to become Asia engaged and ready, this seminar will explore what skills are needed, who needs them, and what are the opportunities that will come from enhancing our engagement with economies in Asia.
This session will begin by exploring the on-ground experience of former Australian Ambassador Mr John McCarthy followed by the role of the public sector in supporting business and cultural initiatives and what it needs to do to better engage with Asia.
Questions to be discussed include:
• What role is available for the public service?
• What can we learn from our neighbours?
• What can we offer them?
• How can the public service enable stronger economic engagement?
• Does WA have a more sophisticated relationship with Asia than other states? Why?
John McCarthy AO
Former Australian Ambassador to Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Indonesia and former High Commissioner to India
President Australia China Business Council WA
Central Institute of Technology
Benefits to You:
• Discover what this strategic change in the environment means for you and your organisation.
• Improve your understanding of contemporary Asia from those directly engaged in its dramatic transformation.
Benefits to your Organisation:
• Discover how your organisation can become Asia ready.
• Gain a clearer understanding of the role of the public service in Australia’s engagement with Asia.
• Understand who are the leaders in engaging with the region and where your organisation may turn to for advice.
For more information or to register: http://www.wa.ipaa.org.au/events/2013/Asia_Ready_Public_Service.aspx
08 9221 1177
Add event to my calendar
08 9221 3733