Advanced Media and Reputation Management
13 August 2013
Are you confident in managing the media? Have you been caught off guard in correspondence with the media? Would you like to learn effective strategies to navigate your way through the media traps?
When speaking to the media, representatives from an organisation may be unprepared. It is during these moments that potentially minor issues can attract media attention and rapidly escalate, opportunities for projecting the right message can either be missed or if handled correctly yield huge rewards.
The workshop is presented in an entertaining and thought provoking atmosphere, providing delegates with an increased confidence when communicating with the media either during a crisis or unplanned event. Facilitated by experienced communications professional, David Marshall AM FAICD, the workshop will highlight some of the classic instances of good and bad practice of media skills; using video examples of case studies emphasising various interview techniques.
Delegates will discover:
- Strategies and tactics to navigate through ‘media traps’
- Valuable interview skills to be pro-active and take control during a pressured situation
- Ways to handle various media situations
- A variety of interview communication skills
- ‘Characteristics’ of major news mediums
The workshop includes:
Understanding the media
- The 3 'W's' - who, why and what makes a great media story
- Uncovering the secrets to being 'good talent'
Planning for your media interview
- Effectively communicating key messages
- Utilising nervous energy
- Ways to avoid being misquoted
- Helpful hints to prevent the pitfalls of media interviews
- David Marshall AM FAICD, Media and Communications Consultant and Strategist
Australian Institute of Company Directors
Add event to my calendar