ALPMA WA Seminar: Mental Health in the Legal Profession – Hypothetical: Does anyone really care?
10 October 2017
AIM - The Australian Institute of Management
76 Birkdale Street
ALPMA WA, AIM WA, The Law Society of WA and legalsuper are pleased to present this important event for the legal profession during Mental Health Week.
The Hypothetical features a panel of national experts who will consider the contributing causes of mental health issues in the legal community, starting with the student years. The event promises to provide a unique insight and is a 'must attend' for the legal community as a whole.
Through a series of scenarios, the panel and attendees will explore:
- The role of the employer in prevention and the risks of not doing enough
- Why some law students are starting their careers with diminished mental health and bad habits
- Firms’ expectations vs millennials’ expectation vs the old guard’s expectations
- Current trends / statistics from the insurer’s viewpoint
- The dilemma of disclosure
- Employee entitlements and rights, and optimising performance
Facilitated by Dr Shaun Ridley, Deputy CEO, AIM WA.
Any profits from this event will be donated to SANE and the Tristan Jepson Memorial Foundation.
For more information, please visit https://alpma.worldsecuresystems.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=282354
Add event to my calendar
0424 177 510