2014 Women in Resources Awards
07 March 2014
Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
The Women in Resources Awards recognise individuals and organisations working to build a world-class industry which provides attractive career opportunities and enhances the recognition and participation of women in the sector.
We will be joined by Annabel Crabb, ABC Online's chief political writer and columnist for The Drum, who will lead a panel session discussion at the event.
Registrations for the Awards are now open.
Tables of 8
Table of 8 hosted by member - $640 (inc GST)
Table of 8 hosted by non-member - $760 (inc GST).
CME member - $85 (inc GST)
Non-member - $100 (inc GST).
To register your attendance please complete the registration form.
Registrations will close on 27 February 2014.
The categories and finalists for the CME Women in Resources Awards 2014 are: Outstanding Company Initiative
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore – Kworp Kooling Mining Skills Program
Kworp Kooling is a residential program that provides training in haul truck operations to prepare Indigenous women without resources sector experience for a seamless transition to site.
- Newcrest Mining Ltd - Diversity Digital Stories
The Newcrest Diversity Digital Stories are the result of Newcrest's desire to provide better insight into the level of gender diversity within its organisation.
- St Barbara Ltd – Eliminating the Equity Pay Gap
St Barbara has implemented a systematic and sustainable approach to reduce the pay equity gap. From a standing-start in 2007, St Barbara now has in place a board approved human resources strategy to address the gender equity pay gap that is hard-wired to the company’s business strategy.
Outstanding Technician/Operator/Trade Woman
- Emma Stevenson (BHP Billiton Nickel West)
- Erin Kinnealy (Iluka Resources)
- Nellie McGowan (BHP Billiton Iron Ore)
Outstanding Young Woman in Resources
- Ellen Coates (BHP Billiton Iron Ore)
- Heidi Edwards (Rio Tinto Iron Ore)
- Suanlee Heng (BHP Billiton Nickel West)
Outstanding Woman in Resources
- Kyra Bonney (Kyra Bonney Indigenous Consultancy, McConnell Dowell, Land Lease)
- Lara Bruhns (BHP Billiton Nickel West)
- Rachel Mottram (Alcoa of Australia)
- Rubini Ventouras (Newmont Asia Pacific)
Women in Resources Champion
- Mark Bevan (BHP Billiton Iron Ore)
- Stuart Forrester (Iluka Resources)
- Rowena Smith (BHP Billiton Nickel West)
Chamber of Minerals and Energy WA
Add event to my calendar