Title: Divisional director, transaction advisory services
Business: Professional services firm
Total employees: 500 (Perth)
Reporting directly: 30
Michael Anghie says his promotion to partner of Ernst & Young at the age of 30 was a key achievement and also represented a major challenge.
He started his career with Ernst & Young and left as a senior manager aged 27 to start a corporate finance practice for Hall Chadwick. After co-founding the Australian Liquor Group Ltd in 2000, he was promoted to partner of the consultancy.
Today he has grown a referral base of Indian clients through working for India’s second largest conglomerate, Aditya Birla Group.
• Treat everyone with respect and honesty.
• Be available and energetic in dealing with others.
• Create long-term relationships with people based on trust and mutual respect.
• Demonstrate commitment and motivation in relation to my career that exhibits the actions that your team can follow.
• Seek feedback and advice.
Mr Anghie has a bachelor of commerce degree from Curtin University; he graduated from the Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Information Systems Audit and FINSIA.
He is involved in charities including the Vincentcare Campaign, the Foodbank Charity Golf Day and the SLS Tsunami Relief Trust. He is a member of ASIC’s regional liaison committee.
‘‘To achieve your goals you need to have a vision: work hard; support your team in achieving their goals; don’t be afraid to ask for help; respect opinions; never compromise on values and celebrate successes with rewards to your team and family.’’